During the summer break I took action
to reduce the number of members
There were 30 residents and 18 non
residents
The result was an average of 26 on
each walk
All 48 had indicated that they would
like to walk during September
I decided I would have to take steps
to reduce the average on each walk closer to our ideal 12 to 16.
After much consideration I decided it
would be fairest to offer priority to residents who agreed to walk every week
when possible
Second priority woud be residents and
non residents who agreed to walk for at least 3 consecutive Mondays.
Everyone else would go on the reserve
list and be offered a walk if there were less than 20 walking from the priority
list.
The result was 20 on the first list,
who would walk each week
And 22 on the reserve list
That is still 42 wanting to walk, but at
least there is now a fully accepted priority system.
After all of that only 11, plus Jan
and I, turned up today
This was partly because I brought forward the start date to 31 August
Many had made other arrangements expecting to start on 7 September
I brought it forward because the
weather forecast was a high of 28c when we expected to finish the walk
This is still pretty hot, but we have
walked in these temperatures many times before
However this time it felt too hot to
walk, especially on the walk back to Jalon
There was direct hot sun, very little
shade and no breeze at all
In retrospect I feel I should have cancelled the walk
So next week we are hoping for lower temperatures
Temperature – 24 to 28c
Time taken – 3 hours
Distance – 9km





















No comments:
Post a Comment